Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On The Move

Well, these prior 3 months I've been looking to buy a house on some property in or around the Calgary area. I'm happy to say that as of June 1st, 2006 I'm the proud owner of a manufactured home in the Village of Hussar. Which is located 50 minutes East of the City of Calgary. It's a nice place, of course it's not my dream home but it's a start.
I has originally intended to purchase something in Calgary. But during my 2 month search the house prices in Calgary out priced themselves for me and my financal situation. FYI: Calgary home prices rise $500 a day. It's frickin' unbelievable.
I commute to work everyday from Hussar. It takes me an hour each way. Let me tell you a few little things about this Village ( yes it's considered a village) of Hussar, AKA: "middle of butt-fuck nowhere". It's almost exactly 30 minutes direct east of Strathmore and 30 minutes direct South of Drumheller. Hussar is located in the Wheatland County. I'm sure there's gotta be a boss hog, but I'm yet to meet him. It's a quiet farming community. Not alot of noise, except for the local kids riding their motorbike's all around town. Population is 182, it was 181 but since I moved here it's now 182. The only real drawback, besides the distance from Calgary, is that there's no high-speed internet. Dial up works, but's it's slow. I never realized how easier high speed was. Oh, all the talk around town is of their upcoming rodeo on June 18th-19th. they say they like to party, but I don't know.
Anyways I still have alot of unpacking to do. I'll keep I touch.
CYA

1 comment:

schmunky said...

Wow!
Welcome to the boonies or as we say in the shallow end of the gene pool, YOMP!
Now that you officially a hick I'll run you down some of the small town rules. Just a few though, don't want to overwhelm you.
1. Get a dog...the more the merrier, let them run wild and shit everywhere. Your neighbor won't care, he'll be too busy watching his dogs shitting on your lawn.
2. Watch NASCAR, even if you don't care about it. I gaurentee someone in the village will try to talk to you about it and if you don't know who Dale Jarret is they will suspect you're in Al Queada.
3. Practice your drinking and driving. Every small town has either a back road or trail where the Drunks commute. It's a good way to meet people, crashing into their trucks.

Congrats on the house and as for the phone line ... welcome to my world!
Cheers.