Monday, October 02, 2006

Elton John Rocks Calgary


Last friday September 29, I went and saw Elton John (earlier photo) with my sis in the Pengrowth Saddledome. It was a very good concert. Elton played for 2 1/2 hours straight. The band took 3 breaks, but Elton just kept on playing and singing.

He got the crowd into it early with hits like Bennie and the Jets and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Then after probably a 10 minute, extended version, of Rocket Man. He proceeded to play songs from the new album. A.K.A. time to go to the bathroom. I didn't of course. Not that they were bad songs. They just weren't known and they gave me a couple yawns. Elton couldn't hit those high notes like he use too. He's getting old and after years of drugs, who can blame him. He can still sing and put on a good show.

After he introduced the band, with 2 other original band members. He started rockin'.
Well, I guess 'lite' rockin'. With classics like Honky Cat, Crocodile Rock and Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, among others. He came out for a short encore and finished with Your Song.

Elton John is one of my all time favourite's. It was great to see him live.

1 comment:

schmunky said...

Must be Classic rock Month. I saw the Stones last weekend.

All other Rock Bands are Rookie