Sunday, December 03, 2006

Alberta's new Premier

I guess they call him honest Ed Stelmach. He's the new Alberta Premier. He replaces Ralph Klein's length reign. I'm actually pretty happy it was Ed Stelmach who beat out front runners Jim Dinning and Ted Morton. Jim Dinning I didn't like it how he would switch from working in the public to working in the private sectors. Always moving in and out when it would serve his purpose. I feared Ted Morton would get power. First he's American born, secondly he a hardcore reform party type.
In related news, I'm actually pleased Stephane Dion won the federal Liberal Party race. He was my first choice. If one of those guys was going to be Prime Minister, I'm glad it's him.

The political scene is going to be very interesting in 2007. As two parties who have had power for eons, have new leaders.

No comments: