Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Captain Canada ---> Gone

Today's a 2 for 1 posting. I'm totally shocked the Edmonton Oilers traded away there main guy, Ryan Smyth, to the New York Islanders for 2 prospects and a draft pick. I guess they've given up any hope of making the playoffs this year. What are Oiler fans thinking? What was Kevin Lowe thinking? All it seemed to be over was like a measely 2-300,000 dollars. Which is nothing in today's NHL. It will be interesting to see where Ryan Smyth signs in the off season.
I guess I should thank Kevin Lowe for trading Ryan Smyth to the east coast. The Flames will be glad to only play him 1 time every 3 years, until the schedule gets corrected, if he stays out east. Miikka Kiprusoff will be very happy. Wouldn't it be funny if Ryan Smyth signs in Calgary during the off-season. Only in my dreams.

Go Flames Go

No comments: