Monday, March 26, 2007

New Affliction Discovered: Delusional Calgaria

An affliction that affects 4 out of 5 Nova Scotians living away from home in Calgary. Symptoms include loss of balance, blurry vision and separation anxiety. Sufferers may show signs of acceptance of high costs in Calgary, lack of awareness of new opportunities to have a better life back home in Nova Scotia, and occasional upset stomach. To find out the symptoms and more go to Delusional Calgaria.

Aside from the comedy aspect. This would be a good thing for Calgary and Alberta as a whole. If a good chunk of maritimers return to their home province(s). Demand for things such as affordable housing, health care and other services will drop. Thus helping to lower the cost of living for the rest of us. And slow down the rate of inflation, which Alberta and more specifically Calgary lead the nation. It'll also help in slowing things down around here. WERE OUTTA CONTROL! and it's starting to feel a little normal. But that's for another rant at another time.

6 comments:

schmunky said...

Dude... I am WAY ahead of the curve on that request. I did not let the door hit my ass on the way out. Grabbed the Girl, bailed with all digits attached, So Long Cow Town and thanks for all the Beef!

Dr.Clawmonkey said...

totally. You saw the cart before the horse. The best time to get out would of been last summer. Just because that's when housing prices really spiked. If Benoit would of waited 1 year. He would of made an extra $100,000 on his house, Easy.
It's all about money now, in Alberta. Go, Go, Go, money, money, money. If it ever busts in the next 5 years. Some people are going to be hurting. I must say, as an Albertan, it does seem a little weird at times to see all these different people come from afar. To live and work in Alberta. We got a guy at work who moved from Maine. He's got the whole accent and is a die-hard Red Sox fan too.

schmunky said...

You Know I watched that clip and I have some complaints. Being a guy from NS who moved, pillaged, and bailed from Cow Town you would think I would relate to that. But I don't really care for it. Here's why.

1. His Buddy claims switching from a Montreal Canadians fan to a Flames fan is a Symptom. But isn't being a Montreal Fan a cry for help? I mean really, I Not liking the Habs is manditory for having an IQ bigger than your pant size.

2. Why did this guy not bring his chicka out with him in the first place? She's pretty hot. This leads me to believe he's really a closet queer looking for Man-ass. In which case, he's not a typical Nova Scotian and Calgary is NOT the town for him.

3. this clip is really not that funny. Ha-Ha he left NS looking for a better life. That's not funny it's sad, Ironically there are not mant IT jobs in NS like the Habs-licker says in the video. Anyone who says you have a better chance of prosperity in Halifax than in Calgary is a retard.

I'm here because of QUALITY of life. You will never make as much dough here, but you will probably be more relaxed and enjoy your life in a more laid back setting than GO GO GO $,$,$.

That being said ...
GO STAMPS
GO FLAMES
RED SOX NATION BAYBEEEE!

Dr.Clawmonkey said...

LOL

yeah baby!

Unknown said...

Ummm, by this blog it would almost seem like you are telling me I should go home too. I don't think so. There's not much call for my line of work there. I could have then opportunity to go to Toronto in the future if I wanted to. That is to say IF I WANTED TO. Which I don't.

schmunky said...

Thomas..

If you read alot of this blog you would know that the Good Doctor is pretty tounge-in-cheek. He sometimes satirically embraces (stereo)"typical" Albertan views in order to have an argument.